Monday, January 11, 2010

My first blog post

This was the class that I taught when I was in an English Summer Camp in Hainan, 2008. They are all students of advanced level.

We had some activities together after class. It was so much fun.

With my teaching partner and two of our students.

This photo was taken in Hanwang, Sichuan, 2009's summer. I went on an programme visiting those who affected by the 512 earthquake. Here are two of the kids that I taught.

With my teaching partner and a group of our students. They were excited about having their English names.
******************************************************
First time up here blogging. So excited!

With the photos above, they have shown who I am and what I have experienced in the past years. Make a little intorduction of myself. I am a full-time student, not a teacher at the moment yet and I am doing some preparation work to be a teacher and that is why I am doing this MA programme. I have a passion in education and I would love to get involved in this field later in my life.

To be frank, I am not that good at technology, let alone using technology in my teaching. With this course, I expect to make use of the good that technology brings us when I teach in future. I also expect that I can use this blog as a platform to share my views towards language teaching and learning, and exchange ideas with other classmates.

Here are some web sites that I usually read. I like reading teachers' blogs because they can give me some insights and inspiration about teaching.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time at the summer camp! I think teachers' blogs can be a very useful resource - it's interesting too to see how they are using the technology, and could give you some ideas too perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are made to become a successful English teacher, Alice! Have you thought about where and who you might want to teach in the future?

    Although I have dabbled into the world of New Technologies, I haven't been able to make any great inroads in terms of using these technologies in the classroom so my situation is not worlds apart from yours. Like you, I also hope that I will be able to pick up a few useful things from Christoph's course and use them in my lessons once the course has finished.

    ReplyDelete